Last update: 4/25/2017
Protect Your Wine During Shipping
The challenge during hot summer months is to provide a reliable temperature-controlled solution for shipping your wine. WineDirect offers three options to ensure the integrity of your product.
- Time in transit: 1 to 8 days
- Cost: adds from $7 to $12 to the cost of shipping
- Not compatible with large format bottles or GSET’s.
- Time in transit: 5 to 8 days
- Cost: same as ground
- Time in transit: 2 to 3 days
- Cost: reduced zone
- Effective: May 15th through Sept 15, 2017
Summer Shipping 2017
Like last year, all ground shipments with time-in-transit of more than two days can automatically be upgraded to UPS 2nd Day Air service. New for 2017, all 2nd Day Air shipments will be scheduled for AM delivery, further reducing the time your wine spends in transit.
There is one important change to pricing from last year. If your package ships via ground, you will pay your everyday, affordable ground shipping rate (no change). When your orders are upgraded to UPS 2nd Day Air for AM delivery, you will pay a special, reduced 2nd Day Air rate. For most clients, this reduced rate is between $1.50-$2.50 per bottle, or about $16 per shipment. Your WineDirect Account Manager will provide you with a full rate sheet for this limited time service.
How It Works
- Summer shipping upgrades are available to wineries shipping via UPS and will be in effect from May 15 through September 15, 2017
- All ground shipments with time-in-transit of more than two days will automatically be upgraded to 2nd Day Air. New for 2017, all 2nd Day Air shipments will be scheduled for AM delivery, further reducing the time your wine spends in transit.
- Orders must be submitted with a designated POS code.
- To add a CoolPack, please submit the applicable SKU with your order. Without the CoolPack SKU, we will pack your order in the standard packaging.
- As always, tracking information will be available via the WineDirect Portal.
- The summer shipping program is available for the 48 contiguous states. Alaska and Hawaii are not included as Ground shipping is not available.
- Due to state regulations, 3-Tier orders are not eligible for the summer shipping program.
Available May 15 Through September 15, 2017
To enable shipping upgrades for your winery, please contact your Account Manager.
Download PDF Data Sheet