Consumers are required by law to go to a State ABC store to place a special order and obtain a Direct Import Authorization Form. This must be obtained prior to placing an order for out-of-state wine.
• A list of Alabama state stores can be found here.
• The consumer then sends a copy of the completed form to the winery they are purchasing from.
• The winery sends order information to WineDirect including:
o ABC Store number in the Name or Company field
o ABC Store address in the address fields
o Copy of the form to WineDirect at CSOperations@winedirect.com to include in the shipping package with the wine.
• WineDirect ships the package to the designated State ABC store.
• Upon arrival at the ABC Store, the consumer will be contacted for pickup.
• The consumer is responsible for payment of the Alabama taxes upon pickup.
• PLEASE NOTE: Carriers will return shipments not properly addressed to an Alabama ABC State Store.