Shipment & Delivery Exception Notification Email Template
Last update: 1/13/2016
Shipment & Delivery Exception notification emails are sent to recipients to notify them that their order is on its way or issues in transit. Multiple shipment notification templates can be configured on the WD Portal and are associated with the order type (Club or Daily).
Using a simple, yet powerful CMS editor, create shipment notification email templates with content rich HTML, with the ability to link to external URLs, images, or other resources. Test emails should be sent so that the formatting and functionality of the notification template can be verified prior to use.
As part of the initial account setup, we ask for an email address that you would like displayed in the Send From Email Address. If a consumer responds to the email, it will be forwarded to your Reply-To Address so you can communicate directly with your consumers.
Creating a notification email template
- Choose Orders and then Notification templates
- Choose Add a new record
- Complete all fields at the top (template name and associated email addresses)
- Include a relevant subject line for your shipment notification template
- Create the content for your email shipment notification (link to sample). You can use the design option or the html option.
- Ensure you include the appropriate tokens (shown on the right side of the screen). Tokens merge in the associated name and tracking information for each consumer shipment notification.
- Preview, Save and test your email template.
- Once you have created your email template assign it to the order type.
- Choose the edit button with the pencil and choose the template you created. Choose the timing of the notification.
- Notification Sent at Ship Confirm = An email notification will be sent to your consumer as soon as the package has been confirmed in our warehouse.
- Notification Sent at First Scan = An email notification will be sent to yoru consumer as soon as the carrier scans the package at the hub.
- The tokens can be used in the subject line of your email template!
- Note: We recommend that your IT team creates an SPF record for your domain. An SPF record is a Domain Name Service (DNS) record that identifies which mail servers are permitted to send email on behalf of your domain. The purpose of an SPF record is to prevent spammers from sending messages with forged From addresses at your domain. Adding this information will give WineDirect permission to send the consumer email shipments on your company's behalf. The SPF records for WineDirect mail servers are 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206.