Last update: 8/6/2015
Our Order Uploader is a web based system used to submit orders. Some of our Third Party Partners using the order upload option are:
File formats supported by WineDirect are:
- Microsoft Access (.mbd)
- Excel - When using the Excel file format, a header row containing field names is required.
- XML Files
- CSV Order Files - When using the CSV file format, a header row should not be included and please use quote delimiters.
- Text Files (*.xml, *.csv, *.txt, *.xls, *.xlsx)
For clients not using our API to send orders, we offer an order upload process to push orders into the WineDirect Portal for shipment via an Excel spreadsheet: click here for the WineDirect Order Import Excel Template. (last updated 7/18/13).
- Select the Orders option from the main navigation in the WD Portal
- Choose Upload Orders
- Select the winery account in which you wish to upload the orders for shipment
- Select the order file format for Excel
- Enter a unique batch ID to identify the orders (i.e. Club_09012013) **please do not use batch names more than once.
- Choose the file to be processed
- Select Next to display a summary of the data (this will not upload orders, just verify what you are submitting)
- Verify the contents of your order data and then select Submit
- Character Limit for order numbers is 30 characters (including spaces, dashes & underscores).
How to upload an order with our manual spreadsheet template:
- Log into the fulfillment portal and go to Orders >> Upload Orders
- Select the Account you would like to upload the order, default file format is (Excel (xls & xlsx file types).
- *Optional: You have the option to use a unique batch name for your Order Batch ID or you can leave it blank (our system will automatically generate a unique Batch ID for your orders if this field is not filled out).
- Select the file to upload >> proceed to upload your orders by selecting the "Next" button. Download our excel manual spreadsheet.
- The next screen is a birds eye view of your order details; prior to submission. If the information in the spreadsheet is incomplete, an error will appear on the screen prompting you on what action/s to take to upload your file.
- Proceed "Submit" button to load your orders.
- To complete your order submission, a small window will appear for you to confirm your password. Hint: your password is your Fulfillment Portal password. >> "Submit"
- Step 3 has been completed and your orders will process within in Order Management system. Approx processing time is about 15-30 minutes. The order submission status will be displayed upon upload to confirm that the order data was submitted successfully
- You can monitor your order submission thorugh the system by going to Order Batch Summary of our portal. This summary will show any potential issues that occured upon data import.